Wednesday 13 May 2020

Object writing number 1

Object writing 

For writing this week we are writing object poems. For the poem we had to pick a everyday object and decide it without using the word of what we are describing. So if you were describing a fork you wouldn't use the word fork. Can you guess what my object is?


Object Writing -
Hard card covering the precious pages between, protecting them from any danger. 
Thin whitish brown delicate pieces of a tree, hiding in between the covers like children hiding in their bed scared of the storm outside. 
Black writing, telling the story, pulling you away from reality like a whirlpool in the middle of the ocean sucking a boat into it’s centre.
Thick spine firmly holding the whole story together, without it the story is just a bunch of jumbled words upon a page.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Angelina,
    I have been so impressed by how hard you have worked on your descriptive writing during lockdown. You are selecting some fantastic vocabulary and using figurative langauge effectively.

    This is such a beautiful poem to read aloud. I think it is my favourite piece of writing from you probably because I love books!

    What writing skill would you like to work on next?

    Keep up the great work. Mrs P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs P thanks you for commenting. I love this piece to, over lock down writing has become on of my favourite things to do for school work. Next I think I want to learn how to write reports about things that have happened in history, like The world wars, the titanic and other things like those.
      - Bye for now

      Delete
  2. Angelina, Wow this is an amazing piece of writing you had me hooked in the first sentence. I love books and love the descripted words you have used.
    Keep up the good work, it's really paying of.
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Angelina this is Arli fro Grey Main school I really like this piece of descriptive writing especially how you explained at the start would it was and that you did it this week also i really like how you said "pulling you away from reality like a whirlpool in the middle of the ocean sucking a boat into it’s centre" thats a pretty good sentence i thought
    keep up the great work
    Arli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Angelina, I think you have described one of my favoutire things- a book. You have used effective descriptive language and yes books are precious. Even in the era of technology there is something magical about choosing, holding and reading a book. It is really interesting to research the origins of books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.