Monday 10 July 2017

Frindle


Title: FRINDLE



AUTHOR: ANDREW CLEMENTS    

PICTURES BY: BRAIN SELZNICK

Rating:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Age group:
To read by self-8+
To get someone to read it to you-5/6


Blurb: It is about a boy called Nick Allen that is in his first year of 5th grade and found out how words are made and makes his own. The word is Frindle it means pen. It was a little joke but his teacher Mrs Granger hated it. Before Nick knew it people from all over the country was using the new word. His teacher told him to "stop it" and he said "I can't the whole country is using the word now" Things slowed down in Westfeild but little did Nick know that people from all over the world was using the new word too. He had his own factory where a lot of frindle's were made and Nick became famous and rich. When nick is older he got a package from Mrs Granger what could it be? 












2 comments:

  1. Well done Angelina. This is a great review. I think she sent him a bad school report. was I right? love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Angelina, good on Nick, I will have to ask granddad to pass me my frindle, and see what he says, lol. I have no idea what is in the parcel from Mrs granger, but would love to find out. Love Nana.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.