Thursday 7 May 2020

Autumn Writing

Autumn Writing

As it is Autumn for writing we are writing what Autumn looks like for us. Here is my writing - 


As my eyes open, I feel a shiver down my spine the day has begun and there is a chill in the air. I know that summer is over. I sit up and listen to the rustling of the trees in the wind. I get dressed and ready for a cold day. For the morning meal I have jam toast and a milo. There’s an angry rage of light in the corner of the room warming up the whole house.

I step outside, the sun is shining down on me but there's no warmth from it. My hair is blowing everywhere like an angry bull bucking everywhere trying to get it’s rider to fall off. As I walk forward a crunching sound comes from under foot, the firey colours of the delicate nature landing on my head and surrounding me. A gust of salty air pushing me forward and flowing into my nostrils.

I walked back into the house “How was your walk?” Mum asks. “It was amazing and so beautiful the glistening drops on trees, making the world look like a wonderland. Very windy though” I sit down at the table taking off my gloves and scarf. A warm feeling flowing through my body. The taste of the hot and creamy pumpkin soup running down my throat, heating up my entire body. So joyful, so peaceful that is how I am feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.