Friday 29 May 2020

Tomb Writing

Tomb writing

For writing this week we were given a picture then had to write a story around the photo. We could write a descriptive story, a report or we could use our imagination. I deiced to write a story using my imagination. Here is the photo we had to use any my story - 


I wake up feeling hot and sticking. I open my eyes and sit straight up. I see only dry, hot, golden sand. I can't remember how I had gotten there, I checked my watch. It is 11:37 on the 28th of May 1967. I don’t remember anything about the last two days. I start to panic. I'm confused, angry and scared. Was my memory erased or have I been lying here for days? These are questions racing through my head. I hear something then I realise it is my stomach growling for food like a lion who has been starved for days. My throat is dry, I have never been so thirsty in my life. I turn around hoping to see some sign of life. But I only see a weird shaped stone structure. Somehow I knew what it was, it was tomb. I don’t know why but I found myself walking towards it. There are symbols all over the structure except for the handle which was made from bone, rope and stone.

I open the door and the loud sound of the creek fills my ears. Dust rushes from the open door, like a flood of water gushing out of a broken pipe. I walk inside with no feeling of worry. It’s the first time sense I have woken up that I feeling like everything will be alright. Shamsh!! The door slams behind me, I start to panic again. I run towards the door but it won’t open or even move, it’s like magic. In the tomb it’s dark, dusty and hard to breath, I keep coughing. The only light there is,is the light beaming from the crack in the stone door, In the tomb all I see is a long stone corridor with symbols filling the wall. I find myself walking down it. I turn at the corner and there is a stone coffin with a single letter on the top. M.


I had another overwhelming feeling like I had when I walked towards the tomb. The feeling took over my entire body. I couldn't stop myself from opening the coffin. It was hard and heavy, the lid of the coffin. I never thought any one human could possibly move it but somehow, I did. I couldn't see what was in the coffin other than an outline of the person's body. The feeling was gone, I was free, I could control my own body again. I ran and fell to the ground. I had run into a stone wall. My head was bleeding now.

The way I had come in was gone, I was stuck in a stone cold, square room filled with dust struggling to breath. I was too busy trying to stop the blood dripping down my face, while I was on ground to realize something was wrong, but then I did. I walked back over to the coffin but there was nothing in it, anymore. I hear a sound from behind me, I turn around and the black outline of the figure that was in the coffin was coming towards me, but not like they were walking, like they were gliding. I screamed louder then I have ever in my entire life, but that was the moment I realized my life was over...



1 comment:

  1. Wow Angelina your story is beyond amazing,the descriptive words you used really brought the whole story to life.You definitely have some outstanding writing skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.