Thursday 23 April 2020

My Special place - Sunset

My Special Place

For writing this week we had to write about our special place, a place where we were happy or clam.
I wrote about the beach here is my writing.
          
Sun set

I watch as the sun goes down, the red, yellow and orange colours of the sky disappearing as the night sky comes.  The red yellow and orange tones of the sky fading into the darkness of night. The big green leaves of the palm tree sway in the wind, like a dancer on stage. The deep blue waves slowly advancing in from the sea. The golden sand shines in the remaining sunlight.

As I walk, I feel the warm soft sand between my toes.  The fresh spring wind touches my face and is joined by the gentle splash of salt water spray, each time a wave crashes on the rocks. The last rays of the sun warm me.

I hear the waves as they crash down on the shore while the wind whispers  in my ear.  Above me echoes the squawk of seagulls as they glide above the ocean while behind me leaves rustle in the wind.
I feel so happy here, free like a bird soaring through white fluffy clouds. I can be relaxed here but also energised. I love this feeling. It is the best feeling in the world.

Family on the Beach at Sunset - Holidays - Free Stock Photo by ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angelina

    Really enjoyed reading about your special place. It was a great piece of writing.
    My special place is Rapahoe beach on sunset just as describe. Nothing better than seeing the stunning colours that it produces especially as it hits the water.

    Tineka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelina

    You worked really hard on this piece of writing. Well done for asking questions with your teacher on google meets.
    The beach is also my happy place,except I like the sun rise, it's definitely a place I like to go to very relaxing and calming. Keep up the good work.

    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.