Thursday 16 April 2020

Hide and Seek Writing

Hide and Seek Writing

For this activity we had to writ about a time we played hide in go seek of spotlight. I choose a game of hide in go seek I play a few years ago. 

Hiding in the cupboard

1,2,3 I run around the house trying to find a place to hide. I see the wooden cupboard standing next to the table. I run to it and climb inside, shutting the door as quietly as I can. It is dark and gloomy, I move the bed sheets around so I am sitting comfortably on them. The only thing I can see is the light shining through the cracks of the closed door. I take a deep breath trying not to cough or sneeze from all of the dust. 29, 30 ready or not here I come. Declan rushes around the house like he is trying to outrun a lion. I hear him walking closer to me. I hold my breath and close my eyes trying not to make a peep. I open my eyes and see his shadow slowly stepping around the front of the cupboard. I wait, then I hear Declan calling out, he wants me to do a squeak so he can find me. I sit silently in the dark making no noise. I accidentally hit a torch off a pile of sheets, it makes a loud noise. I hear Declan’s footsteps walking straight towards me. I see Declan’s shadow, then the door opening. He looks up to the top shelf. I close my eyes, then I hear him call. Found you! I climb out of the cupboard. I have won!  I was the last to be found.
I have won!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelina
    What a great description of game of hide and seek in your household. I could see Declan in my head running about like he was the prey of a lion.

    Keep up the great work.

    Tineka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angelina! My name is Mia from Yaldhurst Model School. Awesome work! That was really good! I loved the tension, and your descriptive language.

    I remember playing spotlight at living springs for camp, and me and some of my friends hid behind the stairs, nobody found us for a while, but it was really cramped. Since living springs is so quiet and dark, it had this eerie feeling and I was very nervous of getting found. Do you like playing spotlight? Why?

    To improve, maybe you could put this piece of writing into a drawing, or something creative! Like Canva or something else you can think of.

    Great work!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.