Sunday 13 September 2020

Going down to my Nana and Granddad's farm - Hobbies

 Going down to my Nana and Granddad's farm - Hobbies

One of my other hobbies is going down to my Nana and Granddad's on a long weekend or school holidays. My favourite thing to do there is feed the calves. Right now it is calving seasons. They have 500 milking cows so that is around 500 calves. To feed the calves we wake up early and milk the cows who have had there calves. Then we take some of that milk and put in a sport of trough with pink teas of the ends so the calves can sucks on them to get to milk. The hardest part is teaching the new calves to drink the milk. You have to put your fingers in there mouth and guide them to the trough. I can't wait until the holidays so we can go down there.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.