Friday 18 October 2019

SHAKE OUT!!!!!

SHAKE OUT!!!!!

This week on Thursday the whole on New Zealand was doing a shake out. The shake out was a drill to practice what we would do if there was a earthquake, and a tsunami. It would happen on Thursday the 17th of October at 1:30pm. At 1:30 the intacom in my class room said the earthquake had started, we all got under a table closest to us and did the turtle (drop cover and hold).Which is where was face the group and cover our head and neck with our hands. After a minute or so the intacom came over again, we had to get to our save zone as if there was a tsunami. I think is was good to practice so we would know how to react if there was a real earthquake our tsunami.
Image result for tsunami
Image result for earthquake

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Angelina!
    My name is Julia and I am a year 8 student form Yaldhurst Model School.

    Ka Pai! I love this, I also like how you shared this because it was something every school was doing, even I did it.

    This was good that you added photos as it is crucial to a good blog post. It also adds some good extra context.

    All I can say to improve is, maybe add your thoughts and feelings to this. Also, maybe you could explain what you had to do for the tsunami one incase nobody knew what to do.

    Was it fun practicing? Do you think you will ever need to put these skills into practice?

    Apart from that, great post!

    Kind Regards
    Julia
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.